Wednesday, February 1, 2012

First day of School!!

Today was a monumental day for Dimples.  It was his first day of school.  Yes, I know that he is still young, but, was he ever excited to go to school today.  He was up early, quickly ate his breakfast and helped pack his bag.  He was ready.  When we got to the school, he ran around the lobby and had no idea what to do. 

Then, the time came when the teachers arrived.  This is the time that he would normally leave to go home, or go with the nanny.  So, he thought it was time to leave.  He was confused when I picked him up and walked him to his classroom...a little resistant.  Then, he saw it.  A big, ride on truck and he was set.  He ran to the truck, started pushing it around and began enjoying himself.  He did not cry or flinch or resist when I said goodbye.  He smiled, waved bye bye and blew me a kiss. 

And, that is when mama got a little sad. 

My little boy is growing up.  As he waved goodbye and continued to play, a little tear rolled down my face.  He is still a little boy and will have many more firsts ahead of him.  But, today was a big day for him, and for the family.  Princess was thrilled to have Dimples at school with her and proudly introduced him to her friends and teachers.  She will take good care of him I am sure.

I am curious what the end of the day will hold.  School for a full day will drain the energy out of him I presume.  But, I am sure that he will have fun!

Princess and Dimples ready for school...he looks so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment