Saturday, June 16, 2012

My dad...

My Mama and Papa

Tomorrow is Father's Day and I get the chance to write about my dad.

My dad is awesome...the best...funny, humorous, caring and entertaining. 

My dad was my coach for all of my ball playing days.  He hauled me off to practice after practice and ball game after ball game.  We played "fetch" in the park across the street when I would practice pitching.  He would spend countless hours at pitching clinics and batting practice.  We traveled all around Canada and the US to play ball.  We would wake up before it was light out, get an Egg McMuffin or some donuts on the way to a 7 AM game time with a 6 AM warm up time.  We talked and he taught me everything that he knew about the great game of baseball.

It was our thing.

We would watch Braves games on tv whenever they were on.  I learned how to keep score by watching the games on tv.  He taught me all about stats and what RBI's and OBP's were.  I can honestly say, I know the game better than most.  

Even though I stopped playing ball when I was 19 (I started to travel...met a boy...had kids), it is still our thing, although we root for a new team now...things have not changed much.

Princess' first Christmas present from Big Papa was a ball glove (a lefty...we hoped, but, that did not happen).  It is pink and black.  At not even four years old she can throw a ball better than most kids her age.  Being out here though it is using her foot that has developed a lot (my nemesis...soccer).

My dad is awesome.  He is always there.  He always has been.  He is there to play catch, to watch a game or to move a very heavy piano from one place to another.  My dad is awesome because he has a servant's heart and is always willing to lend a hand.  No matter how heavy something is, or how early you need to leave in the morning to get where you need to be.  He is simply the best.

Happy Father's Day Big Papa!  

Love, Kimo Perez, Hip Hop, Princess and Dimples.  You ROCK!


Our family



Grandpa and Dimples when he was only hours old.  

Dimples with Grandpa.  You cannot see it, but he has baseball shoes on.  Shedding baseball wisdom on his grandson.

Go Sox!  Big Papa with Princess...also sporting the team we represent!


No comments:

Post a Comment