Friday, December 14, 2012

A Typical Friday


It is the Friday before Christmas Holiday when all through the house, not a creature was stirring...wait, that is where it ends for us. 

There is always constant excitement at our house.  While Hubby let me sleep in this morning (a wonderfully rare occurrence for either of us).  When I got up I found art projects all around, a Cairo style traffic jam on the floor and the math cards all over the floor.  The Christmas tree was twinkling and then, Princess showed me her homework.  This is a pretty typical Friday morning for us.

Friday is our Saturday.  It is the first day of the weekend and we tend to take it very easy on Friday's.  Often, we will walk to the school and get some extra work done.  The kids love being in our classrooms, especially Princess who plays teacher.  She will write all over the board giving a lesson and then sit down at a desk and do her "check marks" (which is her way of saying marking).  Recently she has been saying that she wants to be a teacher when she grows up.  This is not surprising to us, but it is cute when she adds, "but not those big kids that you teach.  I am going to teach little kids...like Kindergarten kids".  She has chosen her teaching stream already!

With the holiday quickly approaching, there is little time to clean up the classroom and get the final marking done before the holiday (silly me made a final project due on the last day of class...what was I thinking??)  But, if it does not get done before the holiday, it will still be there when I get back. 

One interesting thing that is happening this weekend is that the Egyptian people will vote in a Referendum for the draft of the Constitution.  This is a significant time in the lives of the Egyptian people and my hope is that they all go out and vote!  Many are planning to boycott, but, if they boycott, their vote would have been "no".  They need their "no's" to ring clearly for it to be a relevant Referendum.  Anyway, I have decided not to blog about political issues and therefore, that is the end of my message.  VOTE!  It is the only way your voice will be heard. (That goes for people everywhere).



This is Princess's Arabic Homework.  I cannot help her with it, or tell her if it is correct.  But, she is very confident that it is right.  She had to match the letter on the left with the image on the right.  The letter on the left matches the first letter of the image.  This type of work makes me very proud of my little girl.  Learning a new language is tough!


This is an image daddy drew for Princess.  It is a picture of our school. 

Some of Princess's English homework. 

So, that brings to an end, our week in a nutshell. I am including some pictures of the kiddos from the morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment