Sunday, July 17, 2011

An Empty Living Room and A Rubbermaid for a Couch

Okay, as of this writing, we are leaving our beautiful house in 11 days.  After living here for almost 2 years, the house was finally becoming a home.  We were just finishing renovations and were planning what to do next with the house when the job posting for Heritage International floated into my email inbox.  Intrigued, I applied with no expectation of receiving further contact, sometimes you just have to test the waters and see what turns up.  Then low and behold, not only do I receive contact, I get a CONTRACT and the preparations began in a flurry.  The day after we finished renovations our house went on the market and within a week, our home was sold.  Now, just one month later there is virtually no furniture left in our living room, rec room and office.  It is all slowly drifting away.  I am thankful for kijiji despite the many issues I have had with it over the past several weeks.

The packing process is beginning to ramp up now.  There is only so much that you can do in the month before.  I want to pack, but I cannot pack clothing because we still need it.  I cannot pack up the kitchen because we need the food and pans still.  I cannot pack up our stuff because we are selling it all our garage sale this coming weekend.  So, for  now, we are living in a shell of what used to be our home and quickly it is just becoming another house again.

The kids are getting used to seeing things leave although for some mysterious reason Little Princess was particularly attached to the chair that we sold the other day.  She was on the verge of tears but then quickly recovered saying, `The people need our things`.  Pretty good for a little girl to catch onto that.

So for the next 11 days we will be sitting on rubbermaid bins and suitcases, especially after the weekend.  But we will make due, it is only for a short time.  I still cannot believe how quickly the time to depart is coming, but I am clinging to the fact that the adventure of a lifetime is waiting for us on the other side of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment